Our talented coaches are going to give you the best hour of your day here at Lead Fitness! Super insightful, experienced, and driven, we will help you succeed beyond your wildest dreams. We have worked with athletes of every age, shape, size, and ability level, so no matter who you are, we’ve got what it takes to bring out the very best in you.
Owner, Head Coach
Caleb has been involved with organized sports his entire life. This passion has led him on a unique journey that ultimately has brought him to this point in his career.
Caleb founded CrossFit Lead in the fall of 2014 with the goal of helping lead his peers to their full potential. Caleb brings much experience to Lead Fitness as both an athlete and as a coach. Having played team sports all the way through the collegiate level as well as competing at a high level in CrossFit competitions, Caleb has learned a lot along the way of how to train and care for the human body.
He will bring this knowledge to his member-athletes at Lead Fitness. Another of his passions is workout programming. Caleb has had the opportunity to train under some very knowledgeable coaches and athletes and has created a unique and effective style of programming to train members of Lead Fitness.
Some of Caleb's current hobbies include Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, hunting, playing bass guitar, and spending time with his beautiful fiance Bianca. His most memorable athletic achievements are playing collegiate sports, deadlifting 575lb at a Gym Jones seminar and snatching 253lb.
His personal fitness goals are oriented around being healthy and strong for many years to come. He loves meeting new athletes and helping them progress. You can often find Caleb today on Lead Fitness's social media accounts putting out helpful videos, podcasts, and articles for the general public.
- Played Basketball at St. Johns CC - '06
- Played Football at Culver Stockton College - '07
- University of Florida Graduate w/Bachelors Degree – ’10
- CrossFit Level 1 Coach – ’10
- CrossFit Nutrition – ’11
- CrossFit Regionals Team Athlete - '12
- USAW Sports Performance Coach - '12
- Gym Jones Fundamentals Seminar – ’14
- CrossFit Level 2 Coach - '16
- CrossFit Aerobic Capacity Specialty Course - '17
- Brand-X Method Youth Professional Coaching Certification - '19 (ongoing)
Gym Administrator, Coach
Jessie Whitfield is a graduate of the University of Florida where she played on multiple intramural teams as well as club volleyball. Prior to this, she was a collegiate athlete at Brevard Community College, playing on the basketball and volleyball teams.
Jessie found CrossFit in 2012 and has found it to be a positive addition to her life. She has a strong passion for coaching and helping people. Her goal is to help athletes find that empowering feeling of confidence in themselves that she found through CrossFit.
Jessie has a background in coaching team sports for children and young teens. With her experience and love for kids and fitness, she is a perfect fit as our Youth Fitness Program Director.
- Played Volleyball and Basketball
- @ Eastern Florida State College - '06-'08
- University of Florida Graduate – ’10
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer – ’15
- CrossFit Level 2 Trainer - '19
Head Youth Trainer, Coach
Coach Phil has a passion for fitness and inspiring others to reach their fitness goals. The native Texan grew up playing multiple sports in high school: wrestling, tennis, and golf. He also played collegiate golf for Florida College. After college, he took up running. He has run two marathons and more than a dozen half-marathons through the years. Now, as a master's CrossFit athlete, he is dedicating himself to be as competitive as possible in the 50+ division.
His CrossFit coaching career began in the summer of 2017 due to the inspiration of the Lead Fitness team. He completed the intense coaching clinic at Lead and then achieved his CrossFit L1 status later that year.
While you will find Coach Phil leading many All Levels CrossFit classes at Lead, he is primarily focused on the Youth Fitness Program. He has a special talent for communicating and motivating children. His classes are filled with a lot of laughter, instruction, and sweat. He also seeks to shares solid "life wisdom" with the kids with his "words of day" or "insight into success."
Phil and his wife, Cheryl, have been married for 29 years. They have two children, Jill (22) and Gray (20).
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude - Troy State University
- CAISL Soccer Coach (2004-2009) Two Championships U-10 & U-12
- Summer Camp Director (2010 - Present)
- Level Method Assessment Training 2018
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer
- CrossFit Level One Trainer
- Level Method Coaching Certification
- 13 years of modeling internationally
- Fluent in Portuguese, English and Spanish
- Graduated in gastronomy and specialized in functional nutrition
- Worked as a chef (nationally and internationally)
- Has lived in 13 countries
- Owner of a makeup business in America and Brazil
- CrossFit Level 1 Trainer